I've Been Admitted to Law School. The Question is...Can I Survive?

Narkoleptomania

Saturday, August 27, 2005

I'm taking a break...

And where better to take a break than here on my blog, the blog that I haven't posted anything on in ages. What can I say folks, I've been "orienting" myself to the next three years of my life. Shaking hands, asking names, and chatting it up with people who, as much as I'd love to, I know I won't remember their names in a couple minutes. Don't blame me though, I really think it's just sensory overload. It's just not possible to remember all these people, however nice they are.

I will say though that I've met some really great people who're fun to hang out with and who share my philosophy that law school shouldn't suck up the next 3 years of our lives entirely and I've met some seriously stressed out people who - before classes even started - were forming study groups. Now, there's "on top of shit" and there's just "intense/nuts". As of now, I'm neither but I'm striving towards the former.

I've only had three of my five classes thus far (Monday will fix that) and I'm not ashamed to say that Civ Pro is trying its hardest to make me it's bitch. I'm fighting though, no class will make me it's bitch after only two and a half hours. Maybe a couple weeks but not two hours. Oh...this was fun, at a little gathering with some 2Ls and 3Ls I discovered that I supposedly have at least two of the hardest profs. They're great in class but their exams are...and I quote: "off the chain". More on that in a few months.

OK, I'm gonna go do some Torts or something. Saturday night and I'm going to do work...you know I'm in law school.