I've Been Admitted to Law School. The Question is...Can I Survive?

Narkoleptomania

Monday, May 30, 2005

Finally!

Well folks I’m happy to report that at the whopping age of 23 I, Narkoleptik, can finally, FINALLY ride a bicycle. Yes, yes, yes, *snicker* *snicker*. I’ve heard it all before, but now I say, no longer can I be the butt of jokes, no longer will I have to pretend I’d rather walk than ride. I tell you Year 23 brings a new and more versatile Narkoleptik! What can I say I just never learned and then when I learned to drive it seemed rather superfluous but having decided to teach myself last Saturday I have to admit it’s fun, wind whipping in your hair and all that, plus it really reinforced just how unfit I am.

That said, it took about three to four days to really get the hang of this balancing thing – a painful three to four days. Seriously….ouch. Then of course while riding today, confident of my mastery of my two wheeled vehicle, I sped my way to fresh cuts and scrapes, my first since Wednesday or so. O-u-c-h. Ah well, such is life, the only positive is that there was no one to witness my fall…no, no crash.