I've Been Admitted to Law School. The Question is...Can I Survive?

Narkoleptomania

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Capitalism Rules?

There are a lot of things that make me pause and scratch my head because lets face it, I'm not that smart. This would happen to be one of those things. Costco...why are you selling coffins? Yes yes, bereavement shouldn't be a closed market, funeral homes shouldn't be the only ones who have a stake in coffins. Yes funeral arrangements are expensive and you don't want to spend more than you absolutely have to (?). But really...why? Fortunately, (knock on wood) I've never had to go shopping for coffins but I really didn't know it was a comparison shopping situation. Here's the thing too, as with anything you purchase online there's always the possibility that what you ordered may not arrive on time and as with Costco's disclaimer:

Additionally, Acts of God, weather-related conditions, and states of emergencies can delay delivery beyond the stated delivery parameters.

What happens if your coffin doesn't get there on time and you end up having to buy one from the funeral home...do you have to keep the online coffin until next time? Seriously, I'm just wierded out by this whole thing. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to get it (no need for anyone to email me validating that theory!)

Err...go capitalism...?