I've Been Admitted to Law School. The Question is...Can I Survive?

Narkoleptomania

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Breakdown

Preaching to the Perverted breaks down the starting associate salary based on the Yale Numbers. Turns out based on billable hours and salary starting associates make between $40/hr and $50/hr.

Dave! then says "It's not hard math to do, but I wonder how many law students ever bother to do it."

Here's the thing Dave!: It's not that we don't bother to do it, it's that we actively avoid doing it. I don't want to know that after spending $150K on an education, I'm making the same hourly wage as one of the senior paralegals. That's depressing. I'd rather think of it as, I make $125K plus bonus while he makes $75K per year. It sure as hell sounds better to me and keeps me off the cliffs and out of speeding traffic.