I've Been Admitted to Law School. The Question is...Can I Survive?

Narkoleptomania

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I think there’s something wrong with me. Here’s why: I received another acceptance to law school yesterday and I wasn’t overly excited. In fact I’m on more pins and needles waiting for my financial aid letters to come than am I with the acceptances. I hesitate to think that I’ve just reached that level of conceitedness that the acceptances no longer matter cause that’d mean I’m a horrible horrible person. I don’t want to be that arrogant, hmm, could I be aiming to be one of the few humble lawyers in the world? I’ll have to think about that. But yeah, back to my point. I’ve heard positive responses from a bunch of schools and now I just want their money so other acceptances that I know I’ll more than likely not take advantage of are kind of moot. Thing is, I know I’ll be pissed when I get the rejection letters. Does this make any sense at all? Do you now think I’m an ungrateful moron, do you want to smack me? Yes? Well that’s OK, you don’t know who I am :p, but I’m still hurt that you didn’t tap into my inner turmoil.

There are still a couple of schools that I haven’t heard from that are total reaches for me so I know I’d be over the moon if I got in…with some money. I mean this isn’t only me either, every time I tell my Mom I got in another school it’s like…”hmm…OK, congrats (I guess)…so would you go to that school over the others you got in?”

All that being said the one thing that I am aware of constantly is how lucky I am to be in this position. I’m extremely grateful for that. I mean it. Am I redeemed in your eyes? Yes? Ok…I like you too and you’re forgiven for wanting to smack me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment