I've Been Admitted to Law School. The Question is...Can I Survive?

Narkoleptomania

Sunday, January 30, 2005

I came across this posting on Yale Law’s website entitled The Truth About the Billable Hour a few months ago but at the time I didn’t have a blog so since everybody seems to have rediscovered it, I’ll jump in on the fray and link it. For some reason it really doesn’t look that scary to me. I’m also thinking of it in terms of the fact that in many cases there’s probably two or three weeks when you’re pulling 16 hour days to meet a deadline and then it slacks off noticeably – assuming of course you work at a firm that doesn’t require face time.

Speaking of rediscovering things, it seems as if all my friends have rediscovered Friendster. A few months ago my email was bursting (these were the days when Yahoo! only offered 6MB and Hotmail only 2MB of space – remember those days?) with these invites. These are people I see fairly often, speak to almost every day on either IM or the phone but suddenly it’s imperative that I join their “online community” and meet their friends (who in many cases I happen to already know and there’s a reason they aren’t my friends. Seriously though, I’m just ragging on Friendster because I’ve never really sat and surfed around trying to meet people. I guess it must work for some people though because I’ve started getting the invites again.

How did I get to start talking about Friendster…?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment